By preparing for future expansion while keeping complexities to a minimum, scalable platforms leave the door open for changing requirements while helping Manufacturers adapt to their own changing business environments (and all without a high up-front investment in technology). Because NetSuite was literally designed to grow along with the company, Manufacturers can continue to leverage the same software for a longer period of time.
NetSuite’s omnichannel commerce software suite delivers a single integrated cloud solution that replaces the disconnected systems that are used by many Manufacturers today. Its comprehensive functionality, which includes CRM, HCM and ecommerce, is specifically designed to help Manufacturers of all sizes reduce operating costs, increase revenue and better manage their business and supply chain processes overall.
While some aspects of manufacturing have changed or become more efficient, and new techniques have been introduced, the overall process is not that different than it was 50 years ago. What has changed is the increase in the amount of data available about the manufacturing and logistics process. The challenge facing modern Manufacturers now is how to consume, analyze, digest and act on this information to improve their decision making and positively impact business growth and profitability.
Being able to use this data to influence the future direction of your business through planning, budgeting and forecasting processes based on actual data trends is the key to success and longevity. NetSuite’s Planning & Budgeting solution for Manufacturers provides this industry-specific capability.
See why NetSuite is the best business solution for Manufacturers
Features and Benefits
NetSuite offers a variety of modules and add-on solutions to allow Manufacturers to customize the product to meet their business needs. Additionally, SuiteSuccess utilizes industry best practices for a fast and effective implementation that delivers added functionality for Manufacturers.
Our native Demand Planning module is specifically designed to provide the user with the ability to predict required inventory based on historical demand or sales forecasts. Advanced Inventory provides a broad array of capabilities to optimize inventory availability and levels, enabling businesses to keep inventory costs low while meeting customers’ delivery expectations.
Key features include:
- Tighten control over your full inventory lifecycle across multiple locations
- Slash costs for procurement, warehousing, shipping and fulfillment
- Boost customer satisfaction by eliminating stock-outs and speeding deliveries
- Continuously monitor and improve performance with real-time dashboards and analytics
Designing, manufacturing, distributing and selling a product of high quality doesn’t happen by accident, it requires a company-wide commitment to enforce policies and standards. NetSuite’s Quality Management Solution has been designed to help you deliver the highest quality in your products with minimal overhead regardless of the size and complexity of your business and product line.
Key benefits include:
- Formalize quality policies, standards and practices
- Improved product quality
- Initiate quality activities from business transactions
- Collect in-process and incoming inspection results
- Compare to pass/fail criteria
- Integrated non-conformance reporting
- Reduced cost of quality
Advanced Order Management
As customer expectation and supply chain complexity continue to rise, it is more critical than ever to deliver the perfect order. How does this happen efficiently and profitably? By automating your order promising, allocation, orchestration and execution processes. Once achieved, you can intelligently choose how to fulfill orders based on your global inventory availability and business rules. NetSuite’s Advanced Order Management adds allocation orchestration to NetSuite Order Management, enabling you to deliver the perfect order every time.
Key benefits include:
- Order Sourcing and Allocation – Automatic location assignment decides the smartest fulfillment location based on your global inventory and business rules
- Release for Fulfillment – Get control over your release-for-fulfillment process with a second automated process that decides when to release orders and notifies each fulfillment location of which orders to fulfill
- Exception Management – Merchants can automatically handle most order exceptions so the business can scale with fixed headcount
- Store Pickup – Merchants have full control over which locations and items participate in the pickup process with enhanced sales order functionality to support store pickup and mixed orders
- Ship From Store – Save the sale by turning your stores into warehouses to meet customer demand, increase inventory turns and reduce markdowns
- Order Management Insight and KPIs – Better manage your business through increased visibility of your fulfillment operations
NetSuite WMS is designed to help distributors, manufacturers and retailers manage inventory, manufacturing and picking processes as quickly and accurately as possible with minimal additional setup. It is not a starter product, but offers the ideal solution for a specific type of warehouse. For example, NetSuite WMS fits perfectly in the following environments:
- Less Complex Functional Warehouses – Warehouses where strategy rules provide suggested moves and help streamline operations
- Light Assemblers/Manufacturers – Businesses using NetSuite’s work orders and assemblies feature can automate component picks and assembly builds
- Retail Stores – In an omnichannel world, every retail location can serve as a distribution center, and NetSuite WMS makes it easy to manage inventory anywhere
- Mobile Inventory – Trucks, trailers and other non-traditional environments can serve as distribution centers tracked by NetSuite WMS